Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joseph_abney34

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT) Empty
PostSubject: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)   Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 am

Was wondering if anybody has tried the procedure for their IC. I saw a study last year where they induced rat subjects with IC and the HOT got rid of most of their inflammation and increased their bladder capacity. Also wanted to post this so the doctors might be able to look into it as well. Much love <3
Back to top Go down
Rachael

PostSubject: Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)   Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 am

I am not doing HOT, but I am doing ozone therapy and it is helping. I've only had one treatment so far - MAHT and one shot straight into the tissue outside of the bladder. I'm going in for three more sessions next week.
Back to top Go down
Andi2016

Andi2016

PostSubject: Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)   Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT) EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 pm

From what I've read up on, HOT works effectively to repair a damaged bladder lining. They offer this to people who have chemical cystitis and I know of one who has done this. It involves rounds of daily sessions in the hyperbaric chamber - so maybe 6 days a week for 7 weeks.

Ozone is supposed to work in a similar way, but more direct if it goes inside the bladder. I once posted up a NZ study done on rabbits. It's in the Research section.

Again, I think it works to 'repair' a damaged bladder lining. But possibly doesn't deal with the cause of the damage in things like IC/PBS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)   Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)
Page 1 of 1