Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My bladder disease story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill1947

My bladder disease story Empty
PostSubject: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm

My bladder disease story Jill Brice UK
I’m 68.
1982 Recurrent UTIS.
Initial treatments: short courses of Trimethoprim. After 4 yrs long term low dose Trimethoprim resolves the problem. Micturating cystogram normal.
2007 Recurrent UTIs (between 1982 & 2007 occasional UTIs)
Ultrascound scan normal. Bladder empties OK after voiding.
Cystoscopy - no abnormalities
Initially antibiotics effective.
2/3 years down the line and lab reports show multiple resistances with ESBL infection.
UTIs occur every 5/6 weeks.
2010 Gastric pain investigated. Gastro endoscopy reveals fungal infection small intestine.
NHS treatment inadequate.
Fungal infection treated by an environmental doctor through diet, daily Nystatin powder and Fluconazole. Treatment takes 1 ½ yrs and is successful. (endoscopy shows clear and pain and minor allergies resolve)
During this treatment UTIs improve and time between episodes becomes 4/5 months, with one 9mth period.
Following this remission rUTIs start again and occur every 4/5 weeks.
2012 Start treatment with a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine. Prescription Chinese herbs and weekly acupuncture.
Within 3 months UTIs are being successfully treated.
There follows 2 years of intermittent UTI flares that are easily manageable with Chinese meds. Symptoms of weak flow and 1 or 2 night time voids are more or less continuous. Still have latch key urgency and tap running urgency.
May 2014 No symptoms for 6 mths.
Nov 2014 UTI flare. Chinese meds unable to control it. Lab report shows NO resistances or ESBL infection. Take 1 wk Nitrofurantoin and 1 week Cephalexin.
April 2015 UTI flare. Chinese meds unable to control it. Take 2 weeks Nitrofurantoin. Dipstick shows heavy infection. Standard microscopy grows no infection. Broth culture grows e-coli & Staphylococcus epidermidis.
June 2015 UTI flare. Chinese meds unable to control it. Take 1 wk Nitrofurantoin and 1 wk cephalexin. Dipstick shows infection. Standard microscopy grows no infection. Broth culture grows e-coli and enterococcus.
Chinese doctor finds a new herbal formula that works and have had no UTIs or symptoms for past 8 months. (no nocturia, no latchkey/tap running urgency and only pee 5/6 times a day). I occasionally take Hipprex as well as herbs when holidays mean I can’t see my TCM doctor.
Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Very Interesting I was on fluconazol for 18 months did a great job but then stopped working. Are you able to share what the herbal medication was ?
Back to top Go down
Jill1947

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Tina, unfortunately I can't. She has a choice of about 300 herbs approved by our NHS and will use at least 12 different herbs in doses tailor made for me.
Back to top Go down
Strandsidemol

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:48 am

Jill, who do you see to get herbals? Is it helping?
Back to top Go down
Jill1947

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Strandsidemol, here is the link to my doctor. http://www.drhung.co.uk/

I've been symptom free for the past 10 months, so it's definitely helping. I'm guessing that I have intracellular infections and don't know whether this treatment will be able to totally eradicate these. So far the signs are positive.
Back to top Go down
Strandsidemol

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks jill.

Wow thats fantastic. I hope it stays like that. Are you no longer aware of your bladder now? Do you think its gone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bladder disease story   My bladder disease story Empty

Back to top Go down

My bladder disease story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IC-BPS FORUM :: Patient Stories-
Jump to: