Andi2016
Strandsidemol
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tina2

News update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 pm

IC can be cured wrote:
Okay well here's an interesting point.   I've been taking vitamin c (non acidic type) and grape seed extract for last 3 months and my IC symptoms have nearly all but gone.  I'm not drinking coffee or anything silly,  but I have much more scope now in what I can eat and yes even tomatoes and still no pain, frequency etc.  Could this mean that it IC needs antioxidant therap?.  Possibly bladder wall cells have had free radical damage and do not perform their normal function of protecting the bladder wall like normal healthy cells in non IC patients?    
Can we have more details please. Brand of Vit C and Grape Seed and the amount you have been taking. Did you start on a lower does and slowly increase ? How much of each did you take ?
Do you have any suggestions for alternatives to Coffee / Tea as a hot drink ? Tried Teechino but made the frequency worse.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
IC can be cured

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Tina,

Brand is bioglan grape seed extract 20,000 mg - 2 tablets per day. 1 vitamin C per day 1000mg. Calcium ascorbate Swisse Brand. Took them everyday for about 2 months,before I noticed the change. I just stay away from coffee so can't help you with that one. Teas I have a decaf tetly tea for a treat or a white tea.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 1:57 pm

IC can be cured wrote:
Hi Tina,

Brand is bioglan grape seed extract 20,000 mg -  2 tablets per day.  1 vitamin C per day 1000mg. Calcium ascorbate Swisse Brand.  Took them everyday for about 2 months,before I noticed the change.   I just stay away from coffee so can't help you with that one.  Teas I have a decaf tetly  tea for a treat or a white tea.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thank you have found BioGland also do the Vit C 1000mg non acidic so that would do the same as swiss which I am finding hard to find where we live.
Did it increase burning, frequency at all ? I have tried so many things I could start a chemist shop, and they all kick off the frequency.
Will give it a try so thank you, now I really need to find a hot drink. I only drink one cup of decaf coffee a day but know I should get off it.
Back to top Go down
IC can be cured

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 3:27 pm

No I didn't notice any frequency but I think you need to make sure the bioglan vitamin c has nothing added to it just to be safe. Yes me too I have countless bottles of pills, vitamins & supplements etc. Try and accept any type of coffee isn't good. I think if I were to try coffee it could kick off symptoms. Have you tried camomile tea? It does not give me too much trouble at all.
Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 pm

IC can be cured wrote:
No I didn't notice any frequency but I think you need to make sure the bioglan vitamin c has nothing added to it just to be safe.    Yes me too I have countless bottles of pills,  vitamins & supplements etc.  Try and accept any type of coffee isn't good.  I think if I were to try coffee it could kick off symptoms.  Have you tried camomile tea?  It does not give me too much trouble at all.  
sounds like I need to look for the swiss brand in that case. I really dont like tea, and not into dairy or almond milk so makes it really hard. Would be good if there were a "pill bank" where we could deposit pills we cant take and sample pills we would like to take LOL.
Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:36 pm

[quote="IC can be cured"]No I didn't notice any frequency but I think you need to make sure the bioglan vitamin c has nothing added to it just to be safe.    Yes me too I have countless bottles of pills,  vitamins & supplements etc.  Try and accept any type of coffee isn't good.  I think if I were to try coffee it could kick off symptoms.  Have you tried camomile tea?  It does not give me too much trouble at all.  [/quote

i am finding it hard to find the swiss Vit C can you please tell me where to get them from
Back to top Go down
IC can be cured

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Tina. Where do you live? In Australia ?

Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:03 pm

yes up NW of Toowoomba, I think I might have just tracked it down though thank you, Chemist Warehouse is supposed to have some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News update   News update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

News update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2