IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dantheman

Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue   Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 7:14 am

There seems to be some conditions which run concurrent to IC. Will the researchers be looking at the relationship between bladder pain and these other conditions. I don't think much can be learnt from just looking at the bladder when so much is also happening in the other parts of the nervous system. Fibro, chronic fatigue, sjoergens, etcetc
Back to top Go down
Tina2

Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue   Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:35 am

Add migraines to that Dan, so many people I talk to who have OAB or / and IC suffere from Migraines and have done so for many years.
Back to top Go down
Antonina

Antonina

PostSubject: Re: Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue   Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 am

Apologies for a late reply.

We acknowledge that there are concurrent conditions that exist in some interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome (IC/BPS) patients. Whether there is a direct link between IC/BPS and comorbidities is unknown just like the etiology of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome is still unclear.

Our study assumes that IC/BPS begins in the bladder and as such is the focus of our research. The first stage of our study will investigate the specific disease processes of IC/BPS and how they affect the urinary bladder (where the origin of the symptoms resides).

Future plans for our study include studying groups of patients with IC/BPS and concurrent chronic conditions including fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome and other comorbidities, but the initial stage of our research will concentrate on the bladder.

Kind regards,
Dr Antonina Volikova
Back to top Go down
Tina2

PostSubject: Re: Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue   Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 am

Thank you Antonina, could give please give us all an up date of where your research is at, I believe initially you hoped to be starting some form of testing about now.
Thank you for all you are doing T.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue   Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue Empty

Back to top Go down

Well this study look at the concurrent diseases like Fibro, sjoergens, ME and chronic fatigue
Page 1 of 1