IC-BPS FORUM
Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IC can be cured

My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.  Empty
PostSubject: My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.    My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:14 pm

The symptoms of my IC/BPS started when I was 36 (now 41). Prior to this I had no bladder infections at all but I did have a bout of cystitis when I was 17 that resolved after roughly 6/8 weeks. My symptoms are pain (bladder, lower back, tops of thighs) and frequency. I have had 2 hydrodistentions done. The first helped my symptoms somewhat post op for about 3 months although not a full remission. Pinpoint bleeding confirmed. 2nd hydro bladder was injected with cortisone into bladder wall this did nothing to help with symptoms infact after 2nd hydro I felt worse for a couple of months. My IC/BPS was set off originally by bacterial cystitis but unlike the first time, it did not resolve. IC diet does help me to try to regain some control of my symptoms so as this is the case it does suggest faulty mucosal lining which is plausible due to inflammation. Amitriptyline helps with pain and frequency. Not able to take Elmiron due to severe nausea. Abnormal test results are my white blood cell count is usually elevated GP says maybe due to IC/BPS as I have no other infections or health problems etc to explain it. Occasionally I get an irritated bowel but it's not very often at all.
Back to top Go down
Strandsidemol

My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.    My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:59 am

Hi, my gp and urologist refuse to say i have an infection because my wbc is low all the time but i just know there is something in there. I wish and pray to god they find whats causing it soon because i cant live like this any longer. How are you?
Back to top Go down

My iC/BPS symptoms, tried treatments and overall health.
Page 1 of 1