Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Syndrome discussion forum
HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sarah1234

29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary  Empty
PostSubject: 29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary    29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 2:50 pm

My bladder pain story started in late February this year when realised I had a UTI. I’ve had a few UTIs as a child but this was the first one I’ve had as an adult. I went to the Doctor after work and gave a sample, they called me on the weekend and said I need to start taking augmentin duo. I was fine until late March when I had symptoms of another infection I went to the Doctor and gave another sample and they never found the bacteria that caused my symptoms. I was seeing different Drs and given different antibiotics until I started seeing my current GP in April, when she realised that I still wasn’t improving after taking different antibiotics she stopped me taking them and suggested that I might have interstitial cystitis. She booked me in to see the public urologist in July. I kept giving urine samples after I stopped taking antibiotics and it sometimes showed red and white blood cells but no infection. I started following the IC diet in July and found some relief but it wasn’t enough. I was given 10mg amitriptyline to help with the pain. I had a cystoscopy in August and they found signs of mild Interstitial Cystitis. I had a really bad infection after the cystoscopy and the only antibiotic that worked with that was Macrodantin. I felt better after taking a course of Macrodandin but a couple of weeks later the pain was coming back but they couldn’t find an infection because I was taking low dose antibiotics. I was put on Cipro In October and my bladder really hurt and I was in emergency. I ended up having to raise my dose of amitriptyline to 20mg, I’m now taking Hiprex to prevent infection and the last urine sample didn’t grow bacteria. My pain is getting worse and if I keep going like this I won’t be able to work
Back to top Go down
Mep

PostSubject: Re: 29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary    29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary  EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I just read you're taking hiprex. I was also taking hiprex before seeing the first urologist to prevent UTI's. The first urologist told me hiprex is a big no for IC as it is acidic. I often thought it was making me worse too as it was making my acid reflux worse. She took me off hiprex straight away. So now what I do is take probiotics daily. Some ladies I know with IC are taking Dmannose as another alternative to prevent UTI's. I hope you get some relief soon.
Back to top Go down
sarah1234

PostSubject: Re: 29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary    29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary  EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I actually found that Hiprex was helping me for a while, I tried to stop taking it after a couple of months and I was having awful stinging after I wee so I went back on it for another 6 months until my urogyn told me to stop because she said it was bad to use it long term. I've stopped using it since April and there's been no difference with symptoms. I've tried using D'manosse twice but I think it causes me bladder pain. I'm feeling about the same as when I wrote this, I'm no worse but I'm no better either. I hope you're doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary    29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary  Empty

Back to top Go down

29 year old female with bladder pain since UTI in Feburary
Page 1 of 1